Like all medications and natural food products, they must be appropriately stored, or their efficacy can be sacrificed. As Kratom has active compounds within it, it can be deemed a holistic medicine, and it must be carefully stored to ensure that it continues to work weeks after you have purchased it. With more people interested in Kratom worldwide, there is a growing demand for information regarding its use and care.
Why Is It So Sensitive?
To understand why Kratom is so sensitive, you must first look at its origins. It comes from the plant mitragyna speciosa. This plant is a tree that grows in moist and hot conditions globally, primarily in Southeast Asia. Once the leaves are harvested from this tree, they are ground into a powder. As the compounds within Kratom are active, they must be processed and stored correctly, the product's effectiveness will diminish over time.
If you talk to any experts or enthusiasts, they will tell you that Kratom is best within the first three months. If you wait any longer than this, there is a high chance that the product will have gone bad, and it will not be effective. Depending on where you have purchased the Kratom, the freshness could vary, in which case you don't want to risk ruining the product by storing it just anywhere. If you take the time and make an effort to create the perfect storing environment for your Kratom product, you can expect the capsules, powders, and extracts to last much longer.
Do The Following
Outlined below are some of the things you should always be doing when storing your Kratom. While it may feel like a bit of extra work, it will go a long way in preserving your investment.
- Always keep your Kratom in a container or bag that is airtight. Exposure to the air in your home, or city you live, can often cause the product to be contaminated. Some people opt to put it in mason jars with tight-fitting lids, or you can vacuum seal your Kratom for future use.
- Ensure that your Kratom stays dry. Make sure never to put it near water sources. Water can attract bacteria and mold, which can ruin your product. If you notice that there is mold on your product, quickly get rid of it, so it does not spread.
- Keeping Kratom in the dark is much more beneficial than in areas exposed to UV. Usually, jars with opaque glass can be useful, or you can choose to hide it away in a dark cupboard that is not opened very often.
- The temperature of the environment where you are storing the Kratom must always be cool. Condensation can occur if there are drastic changes in temperature in the environment, which can make the product moist.
Don't Do The Following
In addition to the things you should, there are some things you should not as they could easily ruin your product.
- It would help if you never exposed your Kratom to the air. While you may think it is acceptable to leave it in a jar or container without a lid, it will become contaminated, and degradation will happen more quickly.
- Don't assume that your container will protect the product from moisture. The container must be stored in a dry area that will not be moist as this can easily ruin the product.
- It would be best if you never put your Kratom into a humidor or place where you would store cigars as these types of equipment are not explicitly designed to accommodate Kratom and its unique properties.
- Don't put your Kratom in a drafty place like a window sill or next to a vent. The temperature changes are not suitable for the product.
While it may seem like the storing guidelines are extensive, they are relatively simple to implement into your life. If you are thinking about storing your Kratom for the long term, you should vacuum seal it and put it in a dark place where it won't be disturbed. Some Kratom users also like to put their product in the freezer, which is an effective method if the container is airtight. If you buy bulk Kratom, these long-term storage solutions are the best way to ensure you have a product for up to a year.
Start With Premium
By first purchasing Kratom from a premium seller, you can ensure that the product you are storing will be fresh and pure. At a reputable dealer’s store, there is an array of products that you can easily keep long term and short term. Whether you plan on freezing for a rainy day in the future or next week, these products will deliver you everything you need. By exercising the correct storage techniques you can be sure your product will be fresh each time you go to use it.
To learn more visit us here.